Red española de FM-SFC-SQM
On the occasion of the World Day of Diseases of Central Sensitization, the Red española de FM-SFC-SQM in collaboration with the Institute Padre Rubinos, will organize a day with experts in this matter. This event is aimed at health professionals, associations, affected patients and their families – and the entire population.
- 11:30 – Welcome by the President of Institute Padre Rubinos;
- 11:45 – Conference: ‘Central Sensitiza on Diseases’ Current situation… Where are we? In charge of Dr. Fernández Solá, Hospital Clínic of Barcelona. Presents and moderates Dr. Manuel Viso, Hospital San Rafael, collaborator program Radio Voz (Voices of Coruña);
- 12:45 – 13:00 – Question Time;
- 13:00 – 13:30 – Concert of the singer and composer of A Coruña Hugo Torreiro, who recently presented his new album ‘Vuelvo a las andadas’. This day, in solidarity form, he will sing some songs from his new work. Hugo Torreiro, appeared in the television competition ‘La Voz’, and at 21 years of age is already a veteran singer in A Coruña, with two albums under his belt ‘Nada que ver’ and ‘Las llaves de mi corazón’, and an extensive curriculum of performances in the area and surroundings, and also fan club.
Dr. Fernández Solá, consultant doctor of internal medicine of the Hospital Clínic, Barcelona, and associate professor of medicine at the University of Barcelona. He is the author of the book ‘Sobrevivir al cansancio’ (Survive Fatigue), in which he talks about some keys to a better understanding of SQM.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia;
- Chemical and Environmental Sensitivity.
- Member of the Neuroscience Area of IDIBAPS since its foundation;
- Research Fellow in Neurology, Mc Gill University, Canada, 1989;
- Member of the Consolidated Group of Muscular Research of the Internal Medicine Service of Hospital Clinic;
- Member of the Expert Committee for Fibromyalgia and Sd of Chronic Fatigue, CATSALUT;
- Member of the Scientiﬁc Committee on Clinical Medicine and the Foundation for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome;
- Conducts research in clinical and basic aspects of the pathogenesis of muscle and neurological injuries due to alcohol consumption and also in clinical, genetic and pathogenic aspects of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.