The state of emergency was imposed in Bulgaria in connection with COVID-19 on March 13. The government has set up a National Operational Headquarters, which reports on the number of infected and the number of deaths twice a day (morning and evening). This caused a large proportion of patients to panic.
At the Federation “Bulgarian Patient Forum”, we decided that we all need a space where we can talk about things other than coronavirus. We started an initiative called “Doctor ONLINE”.
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, we broadcast live interviews with specialists from various diseases about patients’ concerns about the chronic diseases they live with.
Our patients send in questions in advance and we ask them during the interview. We received very good feedback from our patients. All interviews are then uploaded to YouTube. Here is the list with our doctors:
– Dr Georgi Toshev, virologist
– Prof. Emil Paskalev, nephrologist
– Dr Ivan Bogdanov, dermatologist
– Dr Anna Bogdanova, obstetrician-gynecologist
– Dr Ivaylo Ivanov, cardiologist
– Dr Maria Dencheva, dental medicine
– Prof. Assen Dudov, oncologist
– Assoc. Prof. Lachezar Lozanov, endocrinologist
– Assoc. Prof. Stoyan Handjiev, gastroenterologist
– Assoc. Prof. Kaloyan Davidov, urologist
– Assoc. Prof. Veselin Milkov, nephrologist
– Elza Kaloyanova, psychotherapist
– Assoc. Prof. Zhana Kazandjieva, dermatologist
– Dr Vania Deneva, neurologist
The link to the YouTube is here