Name of the organization: Red Española para la defensa de los enfermos de fibromialgia, síndrome de fatiga crónica y sensibilidad química múltiple. (Spanish Network for the Defense of Sufferers of Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity)
Street: CENTRO SOCIAL MUNICIPAL A SILVA calle Venela, s/n
City: 15010 A Coruña
President: María Soledad Morales Cañas
Secretary: Carmen Barrientos Mato
Treasurer: Begoña Santos Morales
The Spanish Network for the defense of Sufferers of Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, & Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, was created to reach the people affected by the mentioned illnesses living beyond the borders of the regional autonomy of Galicia.
The president of the “The Spanish Network for the defense of FM, CFS & MCS” is the representative and voice of Chronic Pain patients at the “Galician Commission against Pain”.
“The Galician Commission against Pain” is a multidisciplinary organization. Among its 14 members there are doctors, pharmacists, registered nurses, psychologists and patients.
At our first meeting, the Network decided to follow the European Roadmap for the treatment of Chronic Pain.
Some of the functions and goals of the Galician Commission against Pain are:
- To counsel the “Galician Department of Health” and “Public Health Services” about pain treatment;
- To be a reference to al Pain Committees at public and private Health Centers;
- Analyze and propose alternatives for the treatment of Chronic Pain Patients;
- Unify the criteria for using the necessary resources for the correct and successful attention to pain;
- Promote the Chronic Pain awareness and education of health professionals;
- Promote and give informative sessions to patients and citizens at the “Citizens Health School of Galicia”; and,
- An “Analogically Visual Scale” to measure pain will be given to those attending workshops at the “Citizens Health School of Galicia”, and they will be thought how to measure their pain with it.
- The Association’s Mission is to represent and defend the rights and global interests of people suffering from Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, as well as those of their families, both nationally and internationally.
- The fundamental aim of the Association is to obtain solutions to needs faced by people affected by these three diseases, as well as their families.
- We are the voice of Chronic Pain Patients of Galicia – We have been chosen to represent Galician Pain Patients in the “Galician Commission against Pain” of the Galician Health Service (SERGAS). We work together with health and administrative professionals.
- We would like PAE to become the voice of all chronic pain patients in Europe and to be present where decisions are being made so we can reach our aims as a platform.
- Through PAE, we would like to obtain compromises from our political representatives both national and European to apply health policies directed to improve the diagnosis and treatment of chronic pain as well as the quality of life of those that suffer from it.
- To promote the need of a better education in chronic health for health professionals. We believe this should begin at the university.
- To promote the creation of multidisciplinary units.
- To vindicate through PAE the right of the patient to receive proper and complete information and to be treated with dignity.
- We would like PAE to be the meeting point for associations from different European countries to share experiences and find solutions to common issues and problems.
- To reach a better political, health and social conscience among society about chronic pain through disclosure and awareness campaigns.