Greek Society of Migraine and Headache Patients
Name of the organisation: Greek Society of Migraine and Headache Patients
Street: 55 Pytheou Str.
District: 117 43 Athens
Tel: +30 210 3644 441
President: Catherine Kirtziali
Secretary: Kostas Bilias
Treasurer: Nikos Ouzantzopoulos
Member: Lena Vlachou
Members: Lia Barba
We established late 2017 and since today we have more than 200 members all over Greece. The founding members of the Society are people from all over Greece who suffer from Migraines or Headaches and they all desire to publicize what Migraine and Headache is and how patients suffering from them can efficiently treat them and have a better quality of life.
At the same time, our Society has the support of specialized neurologists with great experience in dealing with headaches and migraine.
Our vision is to contribute to the awareness and the education of the general population and the public affairs, hoping in the future to hear less the phrase “Why do you act like this for a headache…?”
- Inform and provide support to people suffering from migraine, headache and facial pain
- Promote and develop the scientific research on migraine, headache and facial pain.
- Inform and sensitize the public authorities and the general public on migraine, headache and facial pain, as well as on the latest scientific developments and perspectives in the treatment of these diseases.
- Improve the quality of life of people suffering from migraine, headache and facial pain.
- Cooperate with all relevant authorities for the training and the awareness of HCPs involved with the disease of migraine, headache and facial pain.
- Cooperate closely with leagues, scientific societies and governmental authorities for
awareness disease campaigns
- Start up a help line where a qualified psychologist as psychological support.
With our membership in PAE, we expect:
- To network with other organsations sharing similar objectives
- To have correct and on time information on chronic pain
- To contribute to policy making at European level
- To be able to educate our members to choose the best possible solutions for them in order to live their life accordingly to their possibilities and wishes.