Federation Bulgarian Patients Forum
Chairman of the organization: Mr. Ivan Dimitrov.
The Federation members include:
- Association of patients with renal transplant and dialysis patients
- Association of the patients with liver transplants.
- Members also include also the Oncological, Rheumatologically, Diabetic, Psoriatic organizations, children with PKU and others.
We succeeded to find solutions for:
- in 2009 we partially settled the problems with the old dialysis equipment. In 35 dialysis centers in the country, the equipment was renewed.
- Since 2011 the medicines for transplanted patients are paid by NHIF and there is no lack of medication
In December 2014 the „Association of liver transplanted“ became a member of the FRPF. The major goals are: increase the health culture of the population and especially of young people, aiming at prevention of chronic diseases, causing hepatic failure; realizing complete social contacts and communication between patients.
2018 – we started hepatitis screening. We have succeeded to examine more than 700 people.
2019 – we plan to launch a major national screening for prostate cancer.
We still have problems with:
- Additional payment for medications for transplanted patients
- Lack of legal differentiation between biological and biosimilar medications
- Lack of state priority in the area of transplantation
- Limits for hospital admission
- Lack of drugs for cancer patients
- We are a huge umbrella organization, comprising smaller patients’ organizations. Because we are stronger united. We think that the reason for the big organizations is to help the smallest to deal with problems.