Pain Alliance Europe is a non-profit organisation based in Belgium, functioning as an umbrella organisation of 41 national and regional associations in 18 European countries, concerned with chronic pain, regardless the underlying condition.
For PAE, quality of life for a chronic pain patient means giving the patient the right to choose the best possible solutions and support to live his life according to his possibilities and wishes. It aims to promote awareness for chronic pain, to promote a European policy on chronic pain and to reduce the impact of chronic pain on the European society on all areas.
PAE’s vision is to create a Europe in which chronic-pain patients can have access, without any boundaries, to the best possible treatment for them.
Mission and objectives
- To improve the quality of life of people living with pain in Europe.
- To have chronic pain recognised as a disease in its own right.
- To raise awareness of pain in all areas.
- To promote research into all aspects of pain such as medical, social, psychological and economical.
- To provide a voice for pain at European level through clinicians, scientists, policymakers and politicians.
Ways to Reach the Aims
Working in close relation with the other stakeholders
Gather and distribute relative information on chronic pain from the patients point of view
Establish a good relation with potential sponsors
Promote and or initiate research on chronic pain
Growing the association
Obtaining visibility through events, website, media coverage